Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fat Loss Tips

I love i-Google. Every day on my homepage it displays "fat loss tips". They are all pretty good & remind me of a few things I need to change in my daily course. I thought I would post a few of them & may you be enlightened!

"Drink 8 glasses of ice water every day. Cold water speeds up your metabolism while keeping you hydrated."

"Drink 1% milk or skim milk instead of whole milk - this saves you 6 grams of fat or more per glass."

"At restaurants, only eat half your meal. Ask for a to-go box when ordering, and place half your meal in the box."

"Removing the skin from chicken saves you 5 grams of fat every time."

"When baking, use applesauce instead of butter to save 90 calories." - (I gotta get me some applesauce!)

"Cut back on foods with hidden sugar like ketchup (Oh Dear God...I can't give up my ketchup!), white bread, canned fruit, and salad dressing."

"Eat several small meals each day instead of three big meals. Your metabolism will burn more fat."

"Include more fiber to feel full. Eat more lentils, dry beans, peas, vegetables, fruits, brown rice, and whole grains."

"For a great low-fat, low-sugar snack, try no-butter, low-salt popcorn. Two cups only has 60 calories!"

"Grate your cheese rather than slicing - you will use less cheese and save fat grams."

2 comments:

  1. Those are good tips! I've heard about the applesauce before, but I've been afraid to try it. Let us know how that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bonnie! I made our cards on scrapblog.com! It's a free service, and you can just order the cards through them. (Or you can do like I did and wait till the last minute and not have enough time to wait for them to ship from ScrapBlog, and just save the image to your computer and upload it to Walgreen's and get them printed in an hour!)

    I *LOVE* your doggies' names!!! And they are so cute! But those names are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete