Thursday, December 24, 2009

The most wonderful Christmas gift EVER

This is Bonnie & we are home! We got discharged today from the hospital & are so happy to be home with my mom & Nannie. It has been a crazy few days. I was expecting to work this week, but I woke up at 1:45 A.M. Monday morning & my bed was wet. I ran to the bathroom & a waterfall just came pouring out of me. I just screamed "JASON, JASON I THINK MY WATER JUST BROKE!!!" I then said "what do we do next!?" HA! We got everything that we could think of together & headed to the hospital. We got there about 2:15 A.M. & I was admitted. Jarrett's heart rate kept dropping every time I would have a contraction. (we know now it was because his cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times!) I didn't start having contractions until about an hour, hour and a half after we arrived to the hospital. They actually gave me pitocin to speed up my labor. I got my epidural pretty early on & I wasn't in much pain. Getting the epidural didn't hurt AT ALL. I was expecting it to be a lot worse - I didn't even feel it. I was progressing okay & then I got stuck at 6 cm. dilated & they told me if I didn't progress to a 7 within an hour, I was going in for a c-section. They were worried about Jarrett because his heart rate kept dropping when I had a contraction. I got checked again & I hadn't progressed. The nurse came in & told me I would have my c-section at 4:00 P.M. I was wheeled in & the doctor said "Ready to meet your son in 5 minutes!?" Jarrett Coleman Brown was born at 4:11 P.M. on December 21, 2009. He weighed 7.1 ounces & was 20 inches long. The doctor said that there was ZERO % chance I would've been able to deliver him vaginally. Because of his cord & my pelvis is very, very narrow. He had a little indention on his head from trying to squeeze through & he couldn't. We are just glad he is healthy & everyone is doing okay. He is SO beautiful! I just can't believe how perfect he is & that I carried this perfect angel in me for months. We are SO, SO happy & thank you for all your prayers & sweet comments. This truly is the best Christmas gift we ever could've gotten. I will post more soon, but we hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Here are a few pictures of our Angel:Going home from the hospital:
Eating in the middle of the Boppy:
Silly boy sticking out his tongue:

My Nannie holding Jarrett:
My mom holding Jarrett:

Jason's mom holding Jarrett:
Daddy holding his beautiful son:
Me & my beautiful baby boy:
He loves to eat!





<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie, Congratulations! He is beautiful! What a perfect Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's perfect!! I'm so glad he's here and arrived safely.

    Merry Christmas to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is just so stinkin' precious!

    Glad you are home for Christmas, with your new little present, GOD IS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Merry Christmas!
    He looks just perfect!
    And soooo alert in several of those pictures.
    {I think the tongue one might be my favorite!}
    What a blessing he must be to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! Glad everyone is doing good! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that he and you are healthy and home!!! He's so cute! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete