Monday, July 28, 2008

Caramelized - Garlic Chicken

Here is a recipe I cook every so often. Jason really likes it & its so easy to make! Here is what you need:



4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup water
4 slices tomato (I left this out b/c Jason doesn't like it)
4 ounces Havarti or Swiss cheese (I used Havarti)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves

***Cook garlic in butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until garlic begins to turn golden brown. Stir in brown sugar until melted.

***Sprinkle salt over chicken. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until brown. Add water. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is glazed and longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut and liquid has evaporated. Chicken will be golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent scorching.

***Top each chicken piece with tomato slice, cheese & basil. Cover and heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.



ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, that looks yummy! I love to cook, although it's mostly Weight Watcher recipes...don't ask LOL Anyways, I've never had a pedi either but I really want to try it one day...Maybe next summer! :) Love the new layout - I'm still messing with mine, maybe one day I'll figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete